Surgical Technician (Part-Time)
This shift is 7P-7A Sat and Sun, must have strong main OR experience!
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center - Cypress, Texas
Surgical Technician - Surgery
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center has offered a wide array of health services and specialties. At Cy-Fair Hospital, youll find 24-hour emergency care, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.
Cy-Fair Hospital works to meet the communitys needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center is currently looking for a Surgical Technician - Surgery.
- The Operating Room Surgical Scrub Technician working in this position assures a safe and therapeutic environment for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients undergoing surgical procedures.
- Responsible for implementing and evaluating the care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting AORN Standards of Practice for the Operating Room.
- Responsible for participating in care.
- Appropriately carries out scrub activities during procedures to ensure medical and surgical asepsis and safety of patient.
- Assists in cleaning of rooms between cases and at the end of the schedule. Assists in lifting and transporting patients, as needed.
- Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization and/or disinfection of equipment. Assists in preparation and aftercare of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains supplies as needed. Accountable for maintaining and improving own job knowledge and skills.
- Works closely with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients, and their families.