Scrub Technician (Certified) PRN
Please complete the online assessment that was sent to your e-mail upon submission of your employment application. If you do not see this in your regular, e-mail please check your spam folder.
Voted the Best
Hospital in Las Vegas, Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities
of southwest Las Vegas with many services. Utilizing advanced digital
technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital's
advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional
- The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America, recognized Southern Hills Hospital as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 - the only Southern Nevada hospital to earn this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Southern Hills Hospital is the first institution in the state of Nevada to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a leading hospital in cardiology through their compliance with the “Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure” program.
- In addition, Southern Hills Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care. It is also partnered with award-winning spine physicians from the Nevada Neurosciences Institute.
Our staff is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare in the community we serve.
Position: Scrub Technician (Certified) PRN
The Certified Surgical Technician works directly with the physician and the circulating registered nurse in each surgical procedure, understanding his/her scope of practice based upon training, and the facility policies and outlined in the job description.
(included but not limited to):
- The Surgical Technician works closely with all surgeons
- The OR Surgical Tech must be able work in a high stress area
- Follow instructions from many directions, including Surgeons, Anesthesiologist, registered nurse, and any ancillary staff members
- The OR tech must be able to work in an area that is crowded due to equipment necessary to perform the procedure
- The OR tech must have accurate hand-eye coordination to assist the physician during cases where threading instrumentation through confined channels is essential
- Ensuring that cases are picked properly, checking with the staff nurse and physician regarding any additional supplies to ensure the smooth running of surgical cases
- Pull trays from Sterile processing to assist co-workers as needed
- Adhere to safety guidelines, AORN guidelines regarding practices in the Surgical suites, reports unusual or inadvertent event. Following all Infection control guidelines, Aseptic technique, Instrument and Needle counts, noting instrument integrity at the beginning and end of cases.
- Cleaning/organinzing of the OR at the beginning of each day. At the end of the day, removing all extra equipment, putting away supplies and general tidying of the O.Rs and the department in general. Notifying the Charge Nurses of outdates, areas that require additional attention and cleaning
- Cross train to the Endoscopy labs as needed or desired