Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center
, currently a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center. Ocala Healths outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of seven locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and four surgical and physician specialty practices.
Primary responsibility is coordination of the Sepsis Program and to ensure Early Goal Directed Therapy requirements are met. Responsible for outcomes measurement for selected population and monitoring of patient/family satisfaction.
- The position requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital policies.
- Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations along with management and supervisory skills inherent in the position.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, auditory or visual fashion is essential.
- Written, computer (Microsoft Word, Excel etc), telephone skills and manual dexterity are required. Coordination of the Sepsis Program with the Medical Staff through professional relationships with physician champion, Intensivists, emergency physicians and other medical/support staff for maintenance and growth of the program.
- Conduct monthly Sepsis Program meetings for the evaluation of outcomes, policy and protocol development, review of current best practice through networking and ongoing education, and to provide input into enhancement of current Sepsis Program.
- Coordination of process improvement activities which includes assignment to various departments for required follow up to improve performance outcomes.
- Responsible to track, report, and submit hospital Sepsis data to Quality Department and national benchmarking agency(s).
- Consult with healthcare team and patients during hospitalization. Development and collaboration on patient teaching materials.
- Responsible for staff development regarding care of the Sepsis patient and development of related materials.