RN Medical ICU (MICU) Seasonal
Registered Nurse - RN - Medical ICU - MICU
Schedule: Seasonal (PRN)
Medical City Dallas
- $55.00 per hour base pay
- $4,500 Completion Bonus
- 12-hour schedules, minimum 36 hours/week or 72 hours/pay period
- The ability to transition to regular status post program
***This limited time program runs through May 2018***
Medical City Dallas Hospital mission statement recognizes the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual!
We trust our colleagues as valuable member of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
Are you ready to join one of the premier health care facilities in the Dallas Metroplex?
Medical City Dallas was the first hospital in North Texas to achieve the American Nurses Association's MAGNET Recognition, the most prestigious designation of excellence in nursing services. MCD features on-site Bank, Post Office, Hair Salon, Pharmacy, Florist, and Car Wash. Medical City Dallas offers a 401(k) Plan and Retirement Plan in addition to 30-day eligibility for Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life.
The MICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.