Registered Nurse (RN) Ambulatory Services PRN
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Pre and intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to, vascular, neuro, thoracic, GI, GU, GYN, orthopedic, skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases,etc.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for PACU patients.
2. Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status and takes appropriate action
3. Administers and monitors the effects of medications, treatments and procedures performed on the patient.
4. Participates and cooperates in the unit base Quality Improvement processes.
5. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
6. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
7. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
8. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
9. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
10. Other duties as assigned.