Nurse Extern Ortho Trauma PRN
Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the patient under the supervision of the professional nurse and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of a unit of the department.
- Performs direct patient care as assigned by the registered nurse and reports observations, results of procedures and patient/family needs to appropriate person.
- Performs psychomotor skills as outlined during educational training and orientation process.
- Utilize computer or handheld device for documentation.
- Attends work as scheduled, on time, and prepared to perform job duties.
- Delivers patient care and/or department service in a safe, competent, and efficient manner as determined by outcomes, quality monitors, and other internal and external processes.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships and conducts self to contribute positively to the delivery of quality care and services, and to orderly operation of the department and the facility.
- Maintains and enhances skills through consultation with interdisciplinary team members, participation in planning activities, and attendance at in-service and continuing education programs.
- Follows established guidelines for compliance with Infection Prevention and TJC Patient Safety Goals and Practices.