Grad RN HCA Residency Program 2018 (Mother/Baby)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center
is a 199-bed acute facility, located in the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. We are a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Currently, we hold certifications within our stroke and total joint center
and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most importantly, we are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Mother/Baby)
(12 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help you transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing you with the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship in the Mother/Baby Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI, NRP, STABLE certifications
After StaRN you will transition to our Professional Development Program
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Emergency Department
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project could get reviewed by corporate for further recognition
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*