Timpanogos Regional Hospital in Utah County offers invaluable expertise gained from delivering exceptional patient care since 1998. We may not be bigger, but we strive to be better as our hospital is dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare. We meet that standard through changes in upgrading technology and advanced procedures. While these changes may be constant, our tradition of caring and healing will never fade.
The Certified Nursing Assistant
works under the supervision of a nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients, and assists with other personal hygiene needs
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required