Radiation RN (Part Time, NYOH)
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assess and monitor patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician (including weekly checks).
- Implements plan of care in accordance with established standards, guidelines, protocols, and procedures based on actual and potential problems.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred. Minimum five years’ experience as a practicing registered nurse, radiation and oncology experience required. Current or pending oncology certification preferred. Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of radiation therapy in the treatment of cancer. RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401 k, paid time off, holiday pay, direct deposit and tuition reimbursement. We are a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required. EOE. Candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls please.