Nurse Practitioner (Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin)
CHIPPEWA FALLS, WISCONSIN
Primary Care/ Community VA Clinic with PACT Model for Care
APRNSTATE LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONIS REQUIRED
This positionis located in theChippewa Falls,Wisconsin Community VA clinic. The model for care delivery is Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) and iscomprised of providers, nursing staff, administrative support and ancillary team members to provide comprehensive, coordinated care delivery individualized for the veterans needs.
The services provided include internal medicine/primary care, which is defined as the continuous, coordinated and interdisciplinary provision of comprehensive health services in an outpatient setting for a defined panel ofassigned patients.Patients assigned to colleagues may also be seenwhen access to care is necessary utilizing the Primary Care Management Module (PCMM) VHA standards. Each NP will have a collaborating physician with a signed practice agreement. The NP panel will be adjusted based on VISN standards for panel management. Services provided to defined paneled patients include but are not limited to diagnosis, treatment and referral of acute and chronic medical conditions, screening for diseases according to CDC and VA guidelines, targeted health promotion and disease prevention activities, health education, case management, referral service and urgent care. PACT clinics are focused on the Advanced Clinic Access principles. These principles promote access when the veteran feels the need to be evaluated. The care setting is not limited to the clinic visits with the provider, it includes MyHealthyVet, telephone triage and clinic visits with team members such as the RN case manager, social worker and pharmacist. Our chronic disease initiative focuses on areas of CHF, COPD and DM, mental health collaboration in the PC setting, MOVE program focusing on weight loss, diet and activity as well as health promotion/disease management.
Patient criteria for receiving care in the area: All veterans who are eligible for care at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System are eligible for primary care.
Number of visits per service: New patients to PC clinics will be evaluated over a 60 minute appointment with the provider. Follow-up appointments for established patients will be 30 minute appointments or 10 minute phone visits when indicated by the PACT team. Return visit interval will be determined for each veteran based on clinician evaluation and patient need. Strategies to provide service in non-traditional manner such as secure messaging, phone interaction and group clinics will be utilized to manage the panel of assigned patients.
Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday - Friday; No holidays or weekends; No on-call shifts
APRN Certification: Adult and/or Family Certification preferred
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years ofNurse Practitioner experienceBASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Education/Experience Requirements: A nurse practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State, possess a master's degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, and maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body.The certification must be in the specialty to which the individual is being appointed or selected.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: In accordance with HRML No. 05-12-02, Employment of People with Disabilities, Including Under Schedule A, 5 CFR 213.3102 (u). Requirements include:
Heavy Lifting (45 lbs and over); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Reaching Above Shoulder; Both Hands Required; Walking Throughout Assigned Shift; Standing As Duties Require; Kneeling as Duties Require; Repeated Bending As Duties Require; Both Legs Are Required; Near Vision Correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far Vision Correctable in One Eye To 20/50 and to 20/100 In the Other; Color Vision; Hearing (aid permitted); and Specific Hearing Requirements.
Conditions of Employment: (Failure to comply may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or dismissal after appointment).
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist. Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf
- VA Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment. Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214
5. Two letters of reference, and one signed and dated performance review
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf 3. SF-50 - https://eopf.nbc.gov/va
- VA Forms - Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&amp;amp;amp;amp;tkey=&amp;amp;amp;amp;Action=Search
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2009728.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.