RN Transfer Center PRN
This role supports the Las Vegas market - hospitals in this market are Sunrise and Sunrise Children's Hospital, MountainView Hospital, and Southern Hills Hospital.
To learn more about HCA please visit us at www.hcahealthcare.com
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This is a per diem/PRN role with no guarantee of hours or benefits.
Summary of Core Job
: The Transfer Center RN is responsible for the coordination of patients to an appropriate HCA hospital through IP and ED transfers and Direct Admits. Working in collaboration with the Call Center Communication Specialist, acts as a resource and a facilitator for all inter-facility transfers. Utilizes computer technology to facilitate multi-faceted communications. Applies nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for transfer facilitation, communication, and documentation.
- In collaboration with the Call Center Communication Specialist, acts as a resource to facilitate inter facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicates with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Uses problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Makes suggestions and utilizes creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situations and improving department decision-making and action.
- Utilizes nursing education, skills, and knowledge as foundations for gathering appropriate patient clinical data to assure appropriate placement.
- Responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assists in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call centers customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, callers, fellow employees, etc.
- Deals effectively with dissatisfied customers.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospitals medical staff, services and special programs.
- Confidentiality is maintained in sensitive situations or when dealing with classified materials.
- Functions as a team leader in the absence of a Supervisor and/or Director.