Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Pearland Medical Center - Pearland, Texas
An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-I) (EMT-P) - Emergency Room (ER).
As a vital member of the HCA Healthcare System, Pearland Medical Center shares the strength of more than 165 hospitals across the United States and England, including The Womans Hospital of Texas and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center.
Pearland Medical Center specialties:
- Our Womens Diagnostic Imaging Center offers the most comprehensive care in the Pearland area, using the very latest in imaging. Our 3D mammography is the first of its kind in the area. It offers the most accurate imaging of any technology ever developed to detect breast cancer early.
- Pearland Medical Centers Cardiovascular Services will feature a cross-functional team of cardiologists, including the first stenting services offered in Pearland.
- Our Imaging Center will offer everything from X-rays to CT scans and more. Plus, we have experienced radiologists to analyze every detail, ensuring you have the absolute most accurate diagnoses.
- Our Outpatient Services have everything you need in one place: imaging, diagnosis and treatment.
- Surgery in Pearland from world-class surgeons? Of course. General surgery, spine, GYN, urology and much, much more.
Earning the title to Pearland Medical Center focuses on the needs of women, men and their families. With The Woman's Hospital of Texas at Pearland Medical Center staff and our Women's Diagnostic Imaging Center, you will find the most advanced care in OB/GYN, reproductive issues and breast health. We offer a Level II NICU for premature infants, and we are partners with the Level III NICU at The Womans Hospital of Texas in case of extreme needs.
Pearland Medical Center
is currently accepting applications for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-I) or (EMT-P).
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Provides general supportive nursing care as assigned and accurately documents the care provided.
- Assists in the admission, transfer and discharge of the patient.
- Assists the licensed nurse with the performance of treatments and procedures.
- Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical and age-appropriate competencies.
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
- Accurately collects and records vital signs, weight, height, intake & output, and other assigned tasks.
- Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement - “Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for the patient with special consideration to cleanliness of the room, ventilation, temperature, and lighting. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment on the patient care unit.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Performs EKG and phlebotomy procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment.
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection control techniques and universal precautions.
- Provides patient with assistance for personal hygiene, feeding, mobility, and other activities of daily living. Assists the patient with the handling and care of personal items (dentures, hearing aid, glasses, clothing, etc.)
- Respects the patients privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other information.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Responds timely to call lights and other patient requests for assistance.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
- Timely and accurately reports observed changes in the patients condition to the RN.
- Transports patient to and from various hospital departments as requested.