Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical (4 North)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical (4 North)
Shift: Weekdays, Rotating weekends
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical (4 North)
- Achieves professional goals set during previous evaluation period
- Applies the nursing process to a group of patients.
- Participates and facilitates in the case management process and cost containment for patients.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations
- Demonstrates accountability for direct patient care and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Documents all aspects of patient care efficiently and effectively.
- Assigns and/or delegates patient care assignments to licensed and non-licensed nursing staff, based on acuity, needs of the patient, staff availability and qualifications.
- Demonstrates professional practice and conduct at all times.
- Participates in Performance Improvement as appropriate
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Demoncritical care skills for managing acutely ill patients.