||This position will oversee the HR function for Complete Home Care located at 824 S. Military Trail, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.
General Summary: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all of the Human Resource functions of the agency, supporting the Administrator/CEO and other senior leaders of the agency in personnel related issues. The Human Resources Manager serves the Administrator/CEO of the agency as the source of advice and assistance on personnel management matters and problems. The Human Resources Manager is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare/agency activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to the agency.
- Responsible for the recruiting function for the agency which may include posting positions on the Applicant Tracking System, reviewing resumes, screening applicants, and setting up and conducting interviews.
- Maintains consistency in compensation practices agency-wide by validating that pay practices are approved, verifying previous experience and consulting with the Support Center compensation team.
- Administers the agency’s compliance with various governmental regulations affecting labor; i.e., Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, National Labor Relations Act, FMLA, and other significant articles of legislation.
- Investigates causes of disputes and employee disciplinary problems, recommends follow-up action to management, including written warnings, suspensions, and terminations in adherence with established institutional policies and in conjunction with the Director HR Services. Also coordinates employee grievances and acts as an advisor to all parties during discussions.
- Responsible for ensuring 90-day performance appraisals are conducted and returned to human resources per Joint Commission guidelines. Ensures annual performance appraisals are conducted in a timely manner and works with supervisors to determine overall merit increases as applicable.
- Manages employee data within the HRIS system, including but not limited to new hires and terminations, status changes, pay rate changes, etc.
- Leads the change management initiatives for the agency’s HR practices, assisting the Director HR Services in developing and implementing policies and procedures, rolling out new initiatives, and communicating changes agency-wide.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Manages the functions and activities of the Human Resources Department.
Experience: Five years’ experience working in Human Resources. Previous experience in a health care setting preferred.
Education: High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field preferred.
Licensure/Certification: PHR preferred.