CNA Float Pool, Full-Time Nights
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) is a full service hospital available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week servicing Canyon County, Idaho and surrounding communities. WVMC consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. Our expertly trained staff and board certified physicians are focused on treating everyone like family. Some of our key services include: cardiology, emergency care, ear/nose/throat, general surgery, spine, orthopedics, pediatrics, behavioral health, radiology/imaging, urology, maternity, womens services. If you are looking for a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care, this is the right hospital for you. You can apply your training and skills in a professional atmosphere where they will be valued. You will be part of a community hospital where your contributions are appreciated and your voice is heard - where work force diversity is encouraged and personal growth is supported.
C.N.A- Float Pool:
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Float to clinical areas of the hospital.