Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency Program 2018 (Freestanding Emergency Department)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
John Randolph Medical Center
, a 147-bed acute care facility, is located in the historic, riverfront city of Hopewell, VA. John Randolph is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
John Randolph Medical Center currently holds a Leapfrog Group “A” Patient Safety Score
. Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded us the advanced primary stroke care center, acute myocardial infarction, joint replacement, and Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Additionally, weve been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for excellence in total hip and knee programs.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Freestanding Emergency Department)
(17 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help you transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing you with the following training:
- 9 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship in the ED
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS, CPI
After StaRN you will transition to our Professional Development Program
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Emergency Department
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*