Patient Throughput Nurse
The Administrative Supervisor is responsible for the administration of nursing service activities on an assigned tour of duty. The Administrative Supervisor functions as an extension of administration for other hospital departments.
- Conducts* comprehensive clinical rounds to patient care areas at least twice per shift to assess the performance of patient care by nursing staff members.
- Assesses* personnel issues and operational systems to promote quality patient care.
- Assists nursing staff in direct/indirect care as needed to assure quality patient care delivery.
- Serves as a resource to staff and promotes clinical collaboration among nursing care units.
- Assists staff to establish appropriate priorities for patient care and to make adequate decisions relative to patient care.
- Uses* clinical and educational expertise and/or resources in decision making and through interactions with staff
- Reviews staffing complement at beginning of shift to assure adequacy in terms of amount of staff and skill mix of staff relative to patient requirements.
- Investigates* unusual occurrences related to patient care, personnel or operations. Uses appropriate problem solving skills to resolve issues. Communicates actions to appropriate
- Provides feedback through change of shift report, and written/verbal communication to first line managers on factors that contribute to or deter from effective patient care.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- RN License (Currently registered as a professional nurse in the state of Illinois)
- Previous clinical experience within a hospital or healthcare setting required. Managerial / leadership experience preferred.