Patient Care Coordinator - Registered Nurse
|The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Directors in providing administrative and clinical leadership. Presents self as a dedicated health care professional, patient advocate, mentor and leader. The Patient Care Coordinator provides leadership to the nursing staff, provides training and orientation to new RN employees, supervises Cardiology and Radiology pharmacy supplies including controlled substances, enforces policies and procedures, ensures compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory agencies and inputs hospital charges for procedures performed in the Cath Lab. In addition, he/she functions as a staff nurse and participates in on-call schedule.
· Collaborates with and assists Director of Radiology and Cardiology with the planning, promotion and management of operations/services to ensure quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness
· Maintains staffing requirements and enforces appropriate utilization of resources in accordance with established policies, patients acuity and census. Report staffing variance to the Director
· Assists in the implementation of measures to improved quality of care and monitors patient satisfaction.
· Cooperates with Case Managers and Social Workers with relation to appropriateness of care.
· Serves as a clinical resource and mentor for staff.
· Promotes positive customer relations for the effective and efficient daily operation of the Clinical services.
· Participates in the implementation of programs and practices designed to improve morale, employee attitudes, working conditions and communication between all employees.
· Assures responsibilities for unit operations in the absence of the directors.
MINIMUM Education: Associate degree required.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE: 1 year of RN experience required. Understanding of departmental workflow. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills required. Clinical medical surgical background required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
REQUIRED LICENSES RN