Registered Nurse-Viet Adult Day Health
- Provides and supervises all nursing services in Adult Day Health.
- Evaluates patient care needs upon admission to the adult day health program and regularly re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Supervises LPNs and program assistants regarding any and all nursing services provided.
- Coordinates the completion of, and ensures the accuracy of, each participant’s assessment
- Initiates, reviews and implements the nursing care plan for each patient based on the nursing assessment and prescribed plan of treatment and revises when indicated .
- Responds appropriately to any acute changes in a participant’s health status or functioning.
- Provides appropriate health-care education for each participant and legally authorized representative.
- Assists as necessary in the delivery of other Adult Day Health services.
- Ensures ongoing education, training, and professional development of all program staff that is relevant to the care of the participants.
- Obtains, reviews and implements primary care provider orders.
- Coordinates the participant’s care with the primary care provider and, if applicable, community service provider.
- Assists the patient and family with the use of community resources.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Supervise medication management services.
- Develop medication policies and procedures, as applicable.
- A licensed Registered Nurse currently registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Bilingual: must be able to read, write and communicate in English and Vietnamese At least two years of recent experience in the direct care of adults or chronically disabled persons.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have had a physical within the past 12 months, including TB screening.
- Physical exam required every two years.
- TB screening required every year.
- Must pass Nurse Aide Registry Check per DPH requirements.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.