Assistant Nurse Manager - Critical Care Unit
Lead an amazing team of nurses in the critical care department. Are you a great leader with a heart for excellent patient care, team building and willing to do bedside nursing? Do you have at least 3 years of charge nurse, assistant management or other leadership in a critical care setting? If so, apply today and work at of the top US hospitals!
The #1 hospital in South Florida and #2 hospital in the Nation is seeking a strong team of assistant nurse managers for the 7PM to 7AM shift as they expand to double the size in a new state of the art unit.
Provides clinical supervision and coordinates unit clinical operations with other departmental disciplines under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Provides effective and efficient patient care to all ages on assigned shifts or as otherwise designated. Assumes responsibilities of nurse manager in his/her absence.
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among unit staff and other departments and units regarding issues related to patient care.
- Ensures continuity of patient care information between shifts, coordinates patient admitting, discharges, transfers and other operational issues.
- Reviews major operational patient care issues with Nurse Managers.
- Provides ongoing clinical evaluations of nurses and other direct and indirect patient care providers on assigned unit/area.
- Counsels employees on performance issues, administers initial corrective actions, collaborates in monitoring attendance issues.
- Alerts nurse manager of significant clinical or other performance issues.
- Participates in interviewing, selecting and appraising the performance of employees.
- Monitors the adherence to EEO/AAP goals and guidelines.
- Administers Nursing Institute, departmental and CC policies and procedures.
- Supervises and participates in the daily delivery of patient care on assigned unit/area.
- Prepares schedule of work assignment assuring adequate coverage on all shifts.
- Participates in and supports quality improvement projects, outcomes studies and research initiatives; participates in department and committees as assigned.
- Assists in orienting new personnel, continuing education and in-service educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Strong demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills; good oral, written and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and organization skills.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification must be presented upon hire.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum three year recent clinical nurse experience required. (see above)
- Requires extensive sitting and dexterity to perform work on a PC.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.