RN/Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical - Days
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL
1. Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of SRMC.
2. Knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
3. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
4. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
5. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
6. Assesses and coordinates patients discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
7. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.
8. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
9. Perform job task to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
10. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
11. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
12. Demonstrates leadership in the charge nurse role by supervising the delivery of care.
13. Orients and mentors new staff members.
14. Presents self in a professional manner.