ED Nurse Resident
- Bachelor's of Nursing
- BLS/AED Certification from AHA (current)
- NYS Registered Nurse License
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
The New Graduate Registered Nurse Residents provides the nursing care to a selected number of patients under the supervision of a preceptor. Consideration is given to the patient's stage of development according to the life cycle. The scope of practice includes diagnosing and treating human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case-finding, health teaching, health counseling and provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well being.
The ED RN Resident will meet the expectations of the RN competencies during the Residency Program and will perform tasks independently after competency has been demonstrated and documented by the preceptor. Until completion of ED Residency program, delivery of comprehensive primary care by the ED RN Resident requires the oversight of an assigned preceptor.
Position Requirements: Bachelor's of Nursing, NYS RN License, Excellent verbal and written communication skills. BLS.
We seek highly motivated and dynamic new graduate BSN RNs graduating December 2017, with a passion for learning in the following specialty areas:
ED RN Resident - 12 months
Upon successful completion of this program, new grad RNs will be prepared to transition to working as a competent Registered Nurse in the ED.
Candidates with previous internship, volunteer, Capstone or related experiences in specialty area of choice is preferred.
Must be flexible to work varied hours during the course of the program, which include:
· 8-hour shifts (Days & Nights)
· 12-hour shifts (Days & Nights)
All Candidates must complete On-Line Employment or Transfer Request Application and
submit (in a portfolio) the following required documents: Attention- Nancy Feger, HR Business Partner, Human Resources
· Resume and cover letter
· Bachelors of Nursing Diploma and Official transcript with proof of 3.0 GPA or above.
· RN License/Registration must be received in HR assoon as you receive it.
· AHA BLS
· 250 word essay on: "What makes you the best candidate for the New Grad RN Residency Program"Please indicate which specialty you are selecting and why.
For questions call Nancy Feger, RN, HR Business Partner
Or Luana Cruz Ramirez , HR Assistant at (516) 632-4716