|| Breakthrough Behavioral Health: Make It Possible at New York-Presbyterian Care Manager – Behavioral Health - Westchester - Full-time - Days Continue your behavioral health career at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and discover why we're the nation's #3-ranked center for Psychiatry (U.S. News & World Report). Over a century ago, we introduced the world to moral psychiatric care. Today, our specialized Women's Health Unit, NIMH-funded Eating Disorders Program, groundbreaking Kosher Unit for specific spiritual and dietary needs, and other programs make us a model center for patient-centered innovation. Together, we've built a healing haven for patients. Join us, and experience Making It Possible. Ensure that patients are transitioned appropriately throughout the continuum of care. Evaluate appropriateness of level of care, length of stay, and discharge plans. Conduct managed care and utilization management reviews for all levels of care. Actively collaborate and consult with treatment teams and external agencies. Facilitate MD appeals and 1st and 2nd level written appeals for authorization of coverage as needed. Conduct telephonic case reviews with managed care reviews. Required Criteria
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today. __________________ #1 in New York. - U.S.News & World Report , America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018 2017 “Best Large Workplaces in New York.” - Great Place to Work and Fortune 2017 “America's Best Employers.” - Forbes Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
- Licensed Master Social Worker by New York State Education Department or Current New York State License as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- 2+ years experience in mental health field after completion of degree.
- Experience with a broad range of psychopathology and substantial understanding of the phenomenology, dynamics and treatment of the psychiatric population within current behavioral health care context.
- Capacity to conduct case certifications and reviews to present rationale for level of care, LOS, interventions, and discharge plans. Ability to deliver these functions for all payer sources and across all levels of care.
- Knowledge of reimbursement protocols and billing issues pertaining to all payer sources.
- Master Degree in Social Work or Nursing