Unit Clerk FT, 3pm-11:30pm M-F
|As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
Now hiring Unit Clerks, Full-time, 3pm-11:30pm M-F.
General Summary: The Unit Clerk is responsible for the daily operation and follow-through of the unit station, overseeing the implementation of physician’s orders and nursing procedures for the delivery of quality patient care. The Unit Clerk is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Unit Clerk competency checklist.
2. Prioritizes and works independently in organizing the nursing unit station, keeping station clean and presentable.
3. Ensures call lights and telephone are answered in a timely manner and ensures messages are recorded and delivered in a timely manner.
4. Serves as liaison between physicians, staff members and other departments.
5. Answers telephone in a courteous manner exchanging information in an appropriate manner which requires good oral and written communication skills.
6. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower and supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
7. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Does not direct the activities of staff or a function.
Experience: Six to twelve months in a clinical setting desired; Prior Unit Clerk experience preferred
Education: High school diploma or equivalent