Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary FT Days
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
• Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
• Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
• Assembles patient charts.
• Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
• Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
• Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
• Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
• Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.