Nurse Supervisor - FT Evening Shift M-F 3pm-11:30pm
|As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care (LTAC), LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for Nurse Supervisors at our Chester County location in the greater Philadelphia area.
General Summary: The Nursing Supervisor assists in the organization, development, management and administration of nursing service activities. Assists in managing the department in the absence of the Director of Nursing. Remains active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Nursing Supervisor competency checklist.
2. In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, reviews 4-week schedules to ensure adequate staffing on all shifts and units for the provision of safe, quality patient care.
3. Receives and documents, timely and appropriately, all employee call-ins for absence or sickness, and ensures employee has called-in according to department guidelines.
4. Collaborates with the Director of Nursing to adjust staff, as necessary, by transferring individual staff members from one unit to another, arranging and approving necessary overtime and/or unscheduled shifts, and calls in relief staff.
5. Assesses problem situations and after thorough investigation, plans and implements corrective action.
6. Provides continuing documentation for 24 hour reports, including condition of critically ill patients, patient admission and discharge information, patients scheduled for surgery, personnel absences, and unusual occurrences.
7. Communicates and collaborates with Administrator-On-Call as appropriate for solution of any specific and/or unusual situations (i.e. activation of the Disaster Plan).
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Two years of nursing experience in a hospital setting. Supervisory and critical care experience preferred.
Education: Graduation from an accredited technical school of nursing; BSN desired
1. Current license as a Registered Nurse in state where currently practicing
2. Current BLS certification
3. Current ACLS certification