Operating Room Charge Nurse
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus available.
*Internal transfers are not eligible for the sign-on bonus.
HCA has been recognized as a Worlds Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of an Operating Room Charge Nurse for Red Rocks Surgery Center located in Golden, CO. The center has 6 OR Suites including SPD, GI and Pain.
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of todays life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.