RN Quality Coordinator
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center
, currently a 222-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 94-bed hospital located in West Marion County. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including bariatric surgery, orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services. Ocala Regional Medical Center is also a Level II Trauma Center. Ocala Healths outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of seven locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers with two locations; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and four surgical and physician specialty practices.
Responsible for reviewing, abstracting and analyzing medical records to monitor compliance in accordance with accepted standards of patient care practice and protocols/policies. This position interacts with medical and hospital staff in the provision of ongoing performance improvement programs, providing accurate and timely information for public reporting, education programs regarding documentation, regulatory requirements and other staff development issues. This position requires an ability to analyze and interpret data, ability to organize workflow, function independently and manage time and tasks, strong interpersonal communication skills, possess computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Conducts reviews and data abstraction activities to support regulatory requirements and hospital performance improvement activities.
- Maintains updated knowledge of Core Measure guidelines and regulations affecting abstraction.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement during point of care record review and or during data abstraction.
- Abstracts data and enters data into required data bases
- Serves as a clinical resource regarding current practice parameters.
- Works in collaboration with other disciplines to educate staff on practice standards and appropriate documentation.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care delivered by monitoring compliance with documentation and performance standards.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations related to protecting health information, maintains confidentiality and uses discretion in investigating/resolving/documenting issues. Refers ethical concerns appropriately.
- Communicates findings of quality review activities. Meets with leaders as necessary to review information being presented to committees or departmental meetings.
- Prepares reports for appropriate departments and meetings in a timely manner.
- Manages information through appropriate electronic applications - COMET Quality Measures, Meditech, Registries, etc.
- Collects, aggregates, displays and conducts first level analysis of core measure data obtained from concurrent reviews and monitoring of Core Measure functions.
- Maintains physician, medical staff and organizational data in an ongoing profile for tracking and trending to identify issues or concerns.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with patient safety initiatives.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with TJC, ACHA and CMS standards.
- Reviews and refers cases and quality concerns appropriately.
- Facilitates PI teams and assists in appropriate documentation of information, monitoring data and reports following organizational model and methodology.
- Prepares reports using statistical data and demonstrates a working knowledge of the types of tools needed to display information.
- Facilitates and encourages a focus on process changes and improvement efforts through PI teams, medical staff champions, communication and collaboration across disciplines.