RN Emergency Svc PRN Seasonal
Emergency Room / ER / Emergency Department
ED / Emergency Services
RN Seasonal Contract 16 weeks
October 1st, 2017- May 12th, 2018$55/hr. plus shift and weekend diffs
Completion bonus if 16 week contract completed by May 12th 2018
Work Schedule: PRN (as needed) Days and nights
Seasonal nursing opportunities at Medical City Healthcare are
designed for RNs who love flexibility and could use a nice bonus.
In fact, theyre designed to fit you like a glove. Simply choose your
specialty and location. Wherever you go, youll be part of one of the
areas biggest and most people-focused healthcare providers. And
youll end up with a healthy bonus. So apply now and make this
your best season ever.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Delivers professional nursing care to all patients presenting to the ED;
- Performs triage assessment and acuity assignment;
- Follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care;
- Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions;
- Administers treatments/medications/procedures within scope of practice;
- Participates in coordination of care with ED management staff, team leader, physicians, department staff and ancillary services;
- Responsible for delegation of duties to technical support staff maintaining accountability of delegation;
- Provides patient care as needed for patient types, which include but are not limited to neurological disorders, oncologic, cardiac services, orthopedic disorders, and Trauma in the following age categories: adult, pediatric and geriatric populations.
Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 weeks of employment
while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. All Seasonal RNs are
required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
Two holiday shifts are required (defined by Department Manager or Designee) and two
weekend shifts are required each 4-week period. Seasonal Staff are PRN-status employees
and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital. Seasonal
Staff will not be eligible for benefits except 401 (k) and retirement contribution per the
PRN policy. Seasonal Program RNs will not be eligible for Critical Staffing Need Differential
payments, and will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
Current PRN employees who have committed to work or have worked an average of 96
hours or more in the previous six pay periods are not eligible to transfer into the Seasonal
Program. The scheduling cycles should be immediately prior to program initiation in their facility. Shifts may vary based upon the needs of the department.