Patient Care Tech, Surgical ICU
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Technician:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to provide patient care under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities; Maintains patient record according to hospital policy.
- Interpretation of basic arrhythmias (monitor technician only)
- Maintains neat and organized work place.
- Maintains unit supplies/forms.
- Assists with admission/transfer/discharge process.
- Incorporates time management and prioritizes for efficiency and productivity.
- Says abreast of new information pertaining to hospital/unit function and policies.
- Adheres to hospital and unit policies.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Identifies cardiac arrhythmias or irregularities and notifies the RN or Charge Nurse.