OR Technician Certified FT Days
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care, and compassion and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
We are proud to be joined by over 350 of the areas most respected physicians. Fawcett has received the Americas Top 100 Hospital recognition by Healthgrades for 2015 which puts the facility in the top 2% in the nation for clinical excellence. What does all of this mean to you? It means that right here in Charlotte County, you have access to one of the best hospitals in the area.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.