RN Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) - Nights
Orange Park Medical Center is here to provide families and their children with high quality, extraordinary care. That is why we have specially trained pediatricians, pediatric nurses and pediatric intensivists that give their full attention to caring for children. Our facility includes:
- A dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) with pediatric intensivists available 24 hours a day.
- Eight private pediatric inpatient rooms and four ICU rooms.
- A secure unit staffed 24 hours a day with specialty trained staff.
- Toys, books and games available for patients to use in their rooms, and a playroom for fun time between treatments.
- Visitation hours, 24 hours a day. A parent may even spend the night with their child.
The PICU RN is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care on the assigned hospital unit. The quality of care given will be in keeping with the philosophy, mission and values of the hospital and the Department of Nursing and will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community.
The PICU RN Registered Nurse, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, coordinates the plan of care activities for assigned patient. Identifies opportunities and participates in performance improvement activities as directed. Is responsible for meeting Joint Commission standards, complying with all state and federal regulations, complying with corporate policy and procedures, managing supplies and equipment, promoting teamwork with physicians and all health care providers, promoting internal and external customer satisfaction, and for appropriate resource management. The PICU Registered Nurse works closely with the Nurse Manager to ensure that all budgetary, Process Improvement, Core Measures and Patient Satisfaction initiatives are achieved.