Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Medical-Renal / Nights
Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the regions only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality care to patients under the direction of an RN/LVN, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Las Palmas Medical Center.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following population(s) served: Esophagitis, Gastrointestinal disorders, Kidney and Urinary Tract infections, Pneumonia and Pleurisy, Septicemia, Nutritional and Metabolic disorders, Cellulitis Pulmonary Edema and Respiratory Failure, COPD, Diabetes, Bronchitis and Asthma, Renal Failure, Renal Transplants, Wounds, Anemia, PVD, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of intermediate patient care, to include vital signs and cardiac monitoring.
- Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients right to privacy and protection of patient's confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient's activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Other duties assigned.
1. Clock in between 0545 and 0600 and 1745 and 1800.Gets report from off-going aide.
2. Help answer phones when the Charge Nurse is busy.
3. Complete assigned jobs/duties
4. Keep nursing stations neat, free from food and drink, free from meds and flushes, and no patient protected health information visible,
5. Keep nursing lounge and refrigerators clean.
6. Take full 30 minute lunch.
7. Complete shift at reasonable time.
8. Use AIDET
when interacting with patient and family.
9. Monitor hallways, keep as clear as possible. No beds and computers in hallways.
10. Each shift
Ø Introduce self
Ø Complete white board (current date, RN, etc.)
Ø Scan room (check cleanliness, etc.)
Ø If family/patient has questions for MD, encourage to write them down
Ø Ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" every time you leave the room.
13. Attend monthly meeting
14. Follow up on in-services and mandatories as necessary
15. Management of patient's daily hygiene.
16. Other duties as assigned.