Care Team Associate-Ortho Trauma(Mixed Shifts)
Work Schedule: Full-Time(Mixed Shifts)Rotating Weekends
Care Team Associate / CNA
Under general supervision of a registered nurse, performs routine tasks in patient care.
- Under direct supervision of the RN and in collaboration with the patient and family, systematically and continually monitors the patient's health status and implements the plan of care.
- Carries out physician and nursing orders as directed by the RN.
- Takes/records blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and weighs patients.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring.
- Monitors intravenous infusions and transfusions as directed by RN.
- Sets up and discontinues telemetry monitor.
- Collects specimens as directed.
- Applies sterile dressings, removal of sutures, staples and/or drains.
- Performs all sterile procedures as assigned.
- Performs stomal irrigation and applies colostomy pouches.
- Performs oral and tracheostomy suctioning.
- Administers tube feedings to patients.
- Takes emergency actions as required.
- Performs all treatments and procedures as defined on initial skills checklist.
- Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient's condition or behavior to RN.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer process.
- Transports patients to and from various treatment centers when necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Keeps the patient's room in clean and orderly condition; makes beds, replaces soiled linen.
- Assists in restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
- Duties may be performed for one patient or more than one patient.
- When assigned to one patient, provides care, observes the patient and does not leave the patient alone.