Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Nights
St. Davids Round Rock Medical Center provides
comprehensive health care to residents of Williamson and surrounding counties.
As a leader in the region, St. Davids Round Rock Medical Center provides
leading-edge care in Cardiac Services, Emergency & Trauma, Surgical
Services, Orthopedics & Joint Replacement, St. David's Neuroscience &
Spine Institute and Rehabilitation.
100 Top Hospitals, Thomson
Texas Ten Step
The RN, under the supervision of the Supervisor Nursing Unit or Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
The patient population seen in the ICU may include the pediatric patient (> 4 years) through the geriatric patient. The ICU nurse may be required to care for patients with, but not limited to: Swan Ganz, arterial lines, temporary and/or external pacemakers, central lines, ventilators and CVVHD. Staffing ratios are in accordance with the AACN guidelines.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and Round Rock Medical Center.
- Adheres to isolation policies and procedures.
- Utilizes universal precautions at all times.
- Works autonomously and with supervision. Interfaces with the public, physicians, staff, patients and administration and ancillary/support department representative.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient medical records.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate, orally and in writing, clearly, effectively and in an open, accepting manner to diverse populations.
- Possess excellent critical thinking skills leading to timely, sound decisions.
- Ability to set and achieve goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates an ability to adhere to the management behavioral standards of Round Rock Medical Center.
- Serves as a role model for the values of St. Davids Healthcare Partnership.