Registered Nurse PRN Med Surg Post Op
Mainland Medical Center
- Texas City, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical
Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's Services
Mainland Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Surgical.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients and attends weekly staffing as assigned.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Medical/Surgical Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Rehabilitation Nursing Competency Skills list.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Obtaining blood from venous access line (Groshong catheters, subclavian lines, Port-a-Caths, etc.).
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Responsible for administration of medication administration, knowledgeable of actions, indications, adverse drug reactions, and route of drug administered.
- Assists physician with procedures, as necessary (i.e., bone marrow biopsy, thoracentesis, chest tube insertion, subclavian line insertion).
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patient, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible to know and conform to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the board's rules and regulations as well as all federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations affecting the RN's current area of nursing practice.
- Responsible to report unsafe nursing practice by an RN which a nurse has reasonable cause to suspect has exposed or is likely to expose a client unnecessarily to risk of harm as a result of failing to provide client care that conforms to the minimum standards of acceptable and prevailing professional practice. The RN should report unsafe practice conditions or other practitioners to the appropriate authority or licensing board.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training sessions.