Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Days
West Houston Medical Center
offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.
West Houston Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Days
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS
- Performs patient assessments in accordance with standards of care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for planning of each patients care.
- Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing staff as necessary.
- Communicates information appropriately with Medical Staff and other members of the health care team to promote continuity of care and attainment of patient expected outcomes.
- Adapts teaching to the age, developmental level, and cognition state of each patient to promote maximum understanding.
- Encourages patient or family to make decisions regarding their care where appropriate.
- Facilitates patient self-care when appropriate.
- Utilizes specialized equipment in the provision of patient care services safely and effectively.
- Bases professional actions on clinical judgment. Adapts patient care to individual patient needs and staff competencies.
- Communicates effectively with the Charge Nurse, Manager and Director to ensure that problems or opportunities to improve unit activities are addressed.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to position.
- Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services.
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self interest.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Adheres to the customer service principles of West Houston Medical Center
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Skills to multi-task and handle multiple demands all at once.
- Handle situations that require expertise, leadership and problem-solving.