Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Unit Full Time Nights
Registered Nurse, Medical Unit, Full-Time (.9 FTE), Nights
For more than 38 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. It has been said that Raulerson Hospital offers what large hospitals can, but in a smaller setting. Although Raulerson Hospital employs more than 500 staff members, we are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many of the nursing students, who spend time at Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation, because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere among our staff and patients.
About the area…
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
Raulerson Hospital is the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County
Raulerson Hospital has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for five years in a row. We are one of only 117 hospitals in the nation to achieve this distinction.
Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Medical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.