Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Surgery
is a 466-bed, acute care facility, located on Richmonds Southside, and centrally located within two hours of the beach, the mountains and Washington, DC. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval
and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in lifes most difficult moments.
Additional Information about our Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery Operating Room Department:
- 4 large OR Suites (3 dedicated to cardiac and thoracic surgery; 1 OR dedicated to Robotic surgery for all services)
- Cardiac cases performed
: Coronary artery bypass grafts, Valve repair/ replacement surgery, TAVRs, ECMO and insertion of LVADS
- Thoracic cases performed:
wedge resections, lobectomies and mediastinal biopsies, either conventional approach or using the daVinci robot.
- Nurses are responsible for working in a team oriented environment by scrubbing cases
- Conducted 479 cases in 2016 (323 cardiac and 156 thoracic)
- Leadership on this unit is dedicated to growing you in your surgical services career, therefore orientation can last up to 6 months depending on experience
- More information can be found at: http://chippenhammed.com/service/heart-and-vascular-care
0630 - 1500 (depending on surgery)
On Call required: 1-2 days per week (1500 - 0700) and every third weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) depending on requests as well as staffing