Medical Assistant PRN
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG)
is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCAs 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The role of the Medical Assistant is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
Duties include the following:
• Provide overall support for Physicians and office operations.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
• Takes patient histories and vital signs.
• Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
• Gives injections and assists with lab testing and Phlebotomy.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
• Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
• Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
• Screens telephone calls for referral to physician.