TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center has been serving Sumner County since 1979. With 250 physicians representing more than 30 medical specialties, TriStar Hendersonville is proud to be Sumner County's healthcare provider of choice. We're proud to be a part of TriStar Health, the region's most comprehensive healthcare network, with more access points and services than any other in middle Tennessee.
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center is looking for a EMT/Paramedic PRN! If you are looking to be a part of a team that is passionate about working together to help others, apply today!
The Paramedic performs front desk administrative duties and direct patient care within the scope of the Paramedic/EMT-IV Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospitals mission statement. This role also has an administrative, front desk function, as well.
1. Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
2. Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients.
3. Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
4. Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
5. Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures
6. Documents all patient care
7. Demonstrates critical thinking skills
8. Responds appropriately to emergency or crisis situations
9. Promotes customer service initiatives
10. Assists coworkers to meet patient needs
11. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
13. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
14. Attends inservice presentations, and completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards.
15. Uses Performance Improvement to improve patient safety.