Certified Nursing Assistant Trauma Step-down Unit
As one of the largest facilities in the nations largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginias only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT CHALLANGES AND TASKS
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
2. Performs tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
3. Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and presents self in a professional manner.
4. Documents required information according to established guidelines.
5. Functions in an organized and efficient manner.
6. Promotes financial responsibility.
7. Actively participates in performance improvement and educational activities. Supports the goals and objective of the unit/department/organization.
Highlights of the Trauma Step-Down Unit:
Medical / Surgical / Trauma Step-down Unit
• 34 private rooms with bedside monitoring
• Level 2 Trauma
• Primary Stroke Certified
• Fast paced unit
• Great Teamwork
• “Make new staff feel at home” quotes from current team members
• Excellent learning opportunities with the various patient population - trauma, cardiac, neuro, renal, and gastro