- Ability to work effectively with others, demonstrated leadership ability
- Integrity, imagination, initiative, and evidence of self-improvement and assertiveness
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Current State of Illinois RN or LPN license
- Knowledge of nursing care for geriatric population specifically related to acute and chronic illness
- Participation in continuing education
- Membership in professional organizations is desirable
- CPR Certified
- Evidence of good physical and mental health
- Evidence of good grooming, maturity and general well-being
- Physical stamina to administer care to the residents and make frequent rounds
- Ability to work well with others
- Positive attitude
- Supportive of facility administration
- Patience and tact in dealing with residents, families and staff
- Supports and ensures that the objectives of facility guest relations philosophy are met.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by the physician in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health Minimum Standards and facility policies.
- Supervises the care given to residents in activities of daily living by CNA’s and private duty staff including the proper use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Initiates and completes all assessment forms and MDS; updating per facility policy.
- Participates with other team members in developing, implementing and updating the therapeutic and rehabilitative plans of care for each resident.
- Timely completion of decubitus reports, incident reports, narrative notes, monthly summaries and other forms as required.
- Assesses and monitors the physical and mental health of each resident; report findings and/or changes to the supervisor, physician and family.
- Keeps clinical records in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health Minimum Standards and facility policies.
- Participates in education and teaching of team members, families and where possible, residents.
- Communication with the resident’s physician and family members
- Constant communication with the nursing supervisor, ADON and DON