Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) / Internal Medicine & Primary Care Practice / Bay Shore
Shift Type: Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: NWPP Southside (FPPSS), Bay Shore, NY
About Northwell Health
Here we aren’t satisfied with settling, so we search for innovation in everything we do. We’re flexible, hardworking and not afraid to push boundaries to go the extra mile for our colleagues, our patients and their families. Our employees are always encouraged to become the best they can be through growth and education.
It doesn’t just take courage and determination to do what we do – it’s that spark and instinct to care that changes lives. Truly Compassionate, Truly Innovative, Truly Ambitious, Truly Together and Truly Ourselves. They help us make a powerful and positive impact on our patients’ and customers’ experiences.
We are true to our beliefs and our quest to define the health care industry of tomorrow. Caring runs through everything we do. It’s who we are. As New York state’s largest private employer and health care provider with 22 hospitals and over 500 outpatient practices, we serve a community of 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond.
Learn more about our Employee Promise by clicking here.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a Practical Nurse in New York State.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Description – Performs various aspects of patient care within assigned patient care unit under direct supervision of the physician.
- Administers general nursing care to ambulatory patients in an assigned area under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Follows the direction and guidance of the physician.
- Reports and records results of nursing care and makes all significant information known immediately to physician.
- Performs treatments and procedures as assigned by the physician.
- Establishes good interpersonal relations with patients, families, and hospital personnel.
- Must have knowledge of usual dosages, side effects, and reactions to medications patients are receiving, and is able to administer oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications except for experimental drugs.
- Performs related duties as required.