As one of the nation's premier centers of excellence in patient care, medical education and biomedical research, NYU Langone Health (NYULH) provides a professional environment in which nurses can perform at their best and excel in their careers. Each and every day, is a new opportunity to learn, to grow, and to be a part of what makes us world-class.
NYULH nurses can choose from many clinical services and programs to begin or mature a professional career path that can span decades. The many opportunities that are available for nurses at all levels, from new Baccalaureate RN graduates to Advanced Practice Nurses, offer the ability to deliver world class nursing care in an intellectually-stimulating academic environment. Nurses at NYULH also demonstrate their professional practice through participation in the various councils that govern the practice of nursing, the quality of our care, and the discovery of new knowledge.
||Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner.
In this role, the successful candidate will coordinate and performs diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive patient care activities. Provides for and assures comprehensive nursing care through use of nursing process and appropriate standards of care. Functions within a collaborative practice agreement established with Division Chief.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, department and service line
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, house staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Works collaboratively with nursing leadership to ensure timely communications with the nursing staff
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Elicits a detailed and accurate medical history from patient and performs appropriate physical examinations.
- Records appropriate data in medical charts.
- Organizes and presents pertinent (both normal and abnormal) data in a manner meaningful to physician for his/her medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Orders non-invasive and diagnostic testing,differentiates between normal/abnormal findings and refers abnormalities to supervising physician per protocol.
- Participates in provision of healthcare, teaching,counseling and treatment to patients in outpatient setting and refers significant clinical issues per protocol to supervising physician.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices,and home health services per practice protocol
- Prescribes and writes prescriptions for medication according to New York State law(including controlled substances provided DEA number has been issued) per protocol
- Evaluates patients' treatment and healthcare plan for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Assists physician in maintaining timely and appropriate communication with other disciplines and ancillary services
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all patient, physician and hospital related information.
- Fosters open communication with office and hospital staff interfacing with designated practice.
- Cooperates and communicates effectively and harmoniously with own supervisor,management, peers, general staff, physicians, other hospital personnel, patients and theirfamilies and general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Pays careful attention to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions, or obtain needed information
- Develops a therapeutic and supportive relationship with patient; maintains a properperspective between personal and professional affairs
- Maintains active and in good standing license
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited program plus five years clinical nursing required.
- Current New York State R.N. license and New York State Nurse Practitioner certification with prescription privileges is also required.
- Accreditation from National Certification Body (AANCP)
- Completion of an approved pharmacology course, a written collaborative practice agreement and practice protocols developed with supervising physician required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .