Registered Nurse RN - ICU Stepdown
Full-time Nights - 7p to 7a
Our IMCU is a 12 bed ICU Stepdown department that provides care to patients with issues ranging from Trauma, Cardiovascular, Renal/Dialysis, and other critically ill patient populations requiring intensive monitoring. Our unit is staffed with a team oriented group of caring Registered Nurse professionals including a dedicated Nurse Educator and an experienced, engaged Management team. Our floor has an excellent culture that encourages participation and teamwork. We are looking for a RN with experience in an acute care facility at the ICU or Stepdown level, however are open to those looking to advance their career in this area.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff members