RN Senior Manager of Clinical Services & Operations, OB/GYN
Responsible for managing the clinical aspects of a complex ambulatory care environment.
- Accountable for operational activities related to enhancing office efficiencies, patient satisfaction, and cost effective outcomes for clinical services.
- Supervises departmental clinical staff and other office staff, and handles human resources related issues.
- Establishes, administers and monitors departmental quality standards, and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitates communication services between external clients and hospital departments.
- Implements, monitors, and evaluates a standard TEC clinical support work process system that promotes collaborative clinical practice and ensures professional standards of nursing practice.
- Plans, administers and monitors the operations and personnel budgets; regularly reviews year to date expenditures; and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Collaborates with Finance to incorporate financial management responsibilities into the roles of the clinic operations staff including budgeting, inventory monitoring and control, and purchasing.
- Works with Patient Financial Serces to manage operations related to billing, reimbursement opportunities, revenue cycle management, payment variances, etc.
- Responsible for profitability and managing within the budget established.
- Assures accuracy of payroll records.
- Manages staff and employee performance.
- Determines staffing needs using established TEC staffing templates, interviews and hires staff, resolves human resource-related issues, provides coaching and conducts disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Orients and trains employees, provides on-going performance feedback, identifies and addresses problems, verifies competency, and conducts performance reviews.
- Participates in developing short and long term goals and objectives consistent with EHC.
- Facilitates communication between staff, administration, and The Emory Clinic infrastructure to ensure flow of accurate timely information and decisions.
- Communicates and maintains regulatory changes with HIPPA, TJC, Infection Control, Patient Safety, Employee Health and departmental quality standards.
- Assists in administering departmental policies and procedures in collaboration with ancillary departments and in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines; reviews, revises, and communicates them to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for seeing standard operating process and procedures are followed.
- Perform periodic audits, surveys, and organizational assessments.
- Oversight of operating efficiency, workflow, and patient flow.
- Assure appropriate patient education materials are available for patient instruction and teaching.
- Collaborate with physician leadership to implement and maintain a standardized telephone triage system to ensure appropriate patient contact, treatment, and consistency of practice.
- Professional Development:
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educations in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Accountable for collecting, organizing and analyzing data in addition to generating and providing accurate and complete reports for management and/or regulatory agencies.
- Interprets applicable regulations and establishes monitoring and auditing procedures to ensure records and files are accurate and in compliance with regulations.
- Tracks operational metrics to support fact-based decision making.
- Conducts data tracking and/or analyses to support Process Improvement activities.
- Coordinates, participates and assists with in-service education in section.
- Institutes staff training and education programs to promote professional development, ensure consistency in nursing practice, and compliance with JCAHO, safety, and infection control policies.
- Serves on and participates in relevant clinic-wide standing and special project committees.
- Collaborates with other clinical departments to improve clinical operations and communications within The Emory Clinic.
- Schedules and attend meetings as needed.
- May assist in establishing and implementing policies or programs resulting from committee recommendations.
- Assesses training needs, prepares materials, shares knowledge and expertise and provides formal and informal education and counseling to clinical staff on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or certification as a physicians assistant required.
- Master's degree in nursing, business administration, health care administration or related field preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of healthcare experience required, preferably in the ambulatory setting.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years supervisory/manager experience, preferably in the ambulatory setting.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
- ANA Certification in Ambulatory Care Nursing preferred.
- BLS, ACLS, and Healthcare Provider certifications required.