Hospice Quality Review RN
- Full Time
Join a team that CARES for you so you can CARE for those who NEED YOU THE MOST!
Stella Maris offers an excellent work environment, MTA transportation right to our door and some benefit offerings, too!
Free on-site training and CEU's offered year-round!
We provide work life balance and a free EAP program so the caregiver is cared for too!
Stella Maris offers an excellent benefit package that includes generous paid time off, paid holidays,
competitive healthcare benefits, 401K and tuition reimbursement. Free on-site training and CEU's offered year-round!
Full Time Hospice QA Nurse at Stella Maris in Timonium
JOB SUMMARY: To develop and coordinate all quality initiatives related to hospice in-patient services.
- Establishes and maintains audit tracking system to identify areas of deficiency, ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations, and update/improve current processes (PIPs)
- Develops performance improvement plans to correct areas of deficiency
- Reviews, tracks and trends all risk indicator reports, including falls, medication errors, and standards of care.
- Reviews, tracks and trends complaints/concerns and follows up on satisfaction survey concerns.
- Completes UR/QA/PAC review on a monthly basis
- Presents UR/QA/PAC results at the UR/QA/PAC meetings
- Coordinates the QAPI meeting for hospice
- Presents QA audit results at Hospice QA Council meetings
- Contribute to quarterly hospice staff meetings
- Completes HIS tracking and follow-up to correct areas of deficiency, ensure accuracy, transmit to CMS for all Hospice IPU and Hospice Homecare patients. This will include future public reporting of quality measures (4/1/17)
- Educates all staff on regulatory issues for compliance.
- Performance of regulatory end of month processes, including pharmacy pre-bill and Medication Invoice
- Back-up to Hospice IPU Clinical Manager for coordination of weekly team meetings and team summary notes on each current patient.
- Complete ICD-10 coding of all non-agency hospice patients
- Tracking and submission of DEA forms
- Coordination with Hospice IPU Clinical Manager on orientation/education of new staff, including computer training on electronic medical record, medication entry, eMAR and inservices.
- Coordination with Hospice IPU Clinical Manager on education of current Hospice IPU staff, including electronic medical record updates, regulatory changes, on-line inservices – quarterly and annually.
- Completes chart audits related to care issues/PIPs
- All other duties as assigned
5 years of RN experience
Hospice experience highly preferred
QA experience highly preferred
APPLY ONLINE AT www.stellamaris.org