RN Admissions/Float Nurse
RN Team Nurse -Full-time in the Hospice of Huntington Home Care Program
Are you looking for a career change? Consider Hospice of Huntington where we provide focused, compassionate care to our patients wherever they call home.
- Perform assessment of assigned patients and derive nursing diagnoses based on assessment data.
- Plan nursing interventions in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to resolve current problems or prevent potential problems.
- Provide teaching to patients/families to assist in the patients comfort as needed.
- Provide emotional support to patients/families in a manner that fosters independence and affirms existing strengths.
- Assess the need for home health aide services.
- Assess and provide pain management strategies to assist with the patients comfort.
- Promote working in a team environment.
- Provide management of team to ensure continuity of care for Hospice patients and families.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited professional school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Licensed registered nurse in West Virginia and Ohio.
- Minimum of 2 years registered nursing experience, preferred; home health or hospice nursing preferred.
- Proof of liability insurance; Proof of reliable transportation.
*May be required to work in the Hospice House Program as needed
Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany Description
Hospice of Huntington provides compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual care for those with a life-limiting illness, and continued support for their families.