Registered Hospice Nurse (RN) Weekend/After Hours
Custom Home Health & Hospiceis looking for aContingentAfter HoursHospice Registered Nurseto join its growing team!
Custom Home Health & Hospiceis proud to be consistently and continuously recognized as one of the regions top workplaces. We settle for nothing less than the best people, the most caring and competent clinicians, the most innovative industry practices, and the highest levels of integrity. If you are considering a new opportunity, Custom Home Health & Hospice is the place for you!
TheHospice RNplans, organizes and directs hospice care with emphasis on community health education. This position will work weekends and triage after hours.
Duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Complete an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Assesses and evaluates patients status by: - Writing and initiating plan of care - Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs - Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patients needs and reports changes in the patients condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physicians plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patients efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- RN Associates degree, with at least one (1) year of hospice care experience
- Current license in State, CPR certification and valid drivers license.
Consider joining Custom Hospice - submit your resume today!Company Description
We've discovered that there are a lot of ways to run a home health care company... but there is only one right way. Custom Home Health was borne from a passion to get it right, to get it done, and to get patients back to their daily lives as quickly and as comfortably as possible. From the founders of the company to the clinicians we send into people's homes, from the office staff to the systems we have put in place to ensure optimal outcomes, there remains one constant: a passion for compassion.
Our people and our processes are driven by a genuine desire to hold - not only our company, but an entire industry - to a higher standard of care and excellence. We have elevated the industry standard beyond the bar others once set, and we strive everyday to practically reinvent home care. Where some might be driven by bottom lines, we passionately pursue the top of the heap. This means we settle for nothing less than the best people, the most caring and competent clinicians, the most innovative industry practices, and the highest levels of integrity. By fostering a genuine culture of fun, energy and empowerment, we attract professionals who love what they do... as the Custom Home Health way resonates with those who love the way we do it.
Consistently and continuously recognized as one of the region's top workplaces, it only follows that the loved ones we care for receive the best in home health care services. When you love to care as much as we do, outcomes are optimized, people's lives are genuinely touched, and meaningful impact is felt everyday, in everything we do.